Skip to main content

Why the fuss?

Howdy everyone!
Its been long since I made any appearance on the blog, thats because I was quite unsure about my blog's readership. Anyway, I have decided to continue writing...err...blogging, coz it provides platform to ease out my views on certain stuff!
To begin with, lets just not concentrate on the huge FUSS created over IPL's so-called "invite first and show the door policy" towards the Pakistani cricketers and move over real issues like the earthquake in Haiti and militants getting PARAGLIDING LESSONS. Yes, these should be the center of our concern right now and not some stupid row over cricketers not being sold at the auction center!
Haiti, who had even heard of that before that massive earthquake struck this little Caribbean nation?
Even though my memories take me back to my Third-Grade General Knowledge class, where I was once asked the capital of haiti, and I hadn't known by then (which by the way, I still don't know..sadly!). When did that earthquake happen?

huh! You asking me? well, sorry I'll have to google it right now to play that sort of number-game. True! Coz the indian news channels were busy highlighting Pak's concern over the exclusion of its cricketers in the IPL auction list or Showing the High times of Late Jyoti Basu (My repsects to him, but still, he was 96, was a great figure of respect in the Bengal, but why cover up the entire media for 2 long days showing only his greatness, we knew it already!). Or even better, THE MEDIA CHANNELS WERE BUSY PROMOTING RGV's RANN!
What kind of Ranneeti is that?
Ahh!, I think I just got my search result from Google- 12 January, 2010!
Thank You Google and wikipedia (next time I'm gonna donate something 2 u! ;))
Wow! i ws preparing for my Computer Graphics exams that night.
It was on 17th that I came to know about Haiti when I accidentally pushed the buttons 4 and 6 on my remote and lo! CNN appeared on my TV screen, showing the aftermath of the disastrous quake!
"The death toll is estimated at 200,000, according to Haitian government figures relayed by the European Commission, with 80,000 buried in mass graves. The commission now estimates that 2 million are homeless, up from 1.5 million, and says 250,000 are in need of urgent aid."
This is what the reporter said, that shocked me. Just to check, I changed to NDTV and ho ho ho! they were showing Mamata aunty expressing grief over the demise of Shri Basu. I thought  should give a second chance to the Indian media, so I swapped over to AAJ TAK- what did i see............Veer Mahaveer, A desperate effort to promote Salman Khan's Veer and save it from disaster. Hehe! Who would care to watch such a fickle period condo anyway? There was no point in promoting such a worthless film. Another channel was busy pouring in buzz from the latest Reality shows. Buh! The Indian Media channels are simply trying their best to boost their TRPs (Whats that? Even I dont know,,,I'll google it and let u know, that is- If u will).

Whats wrong with the media? Why make fuss over useless issues like the more recent one- OF IPL's obstrusive way of excluding Pakistani cricketers from the IPL and Veer's box-office survival! And that has infact fumed the Indian viewers and MANTRI too. Nitish Kumar of Bihar slamming the IPL and asking it to be banned....Why? Coz it has inflicted the Indo-Pak relationship! HAHA! Indo-Pak relationship, like that was some kind of DOSTANA a few days back! Dear Mr. Nitish Kumar, I respect you for what you have done for Bihar and this country but would like to correct you here, banning IPL would result in the infliction of your own people against you! And why is Pakistan so much concerned about this? I respect the Country, but the truth is- The fuss created is truly misleading the people on both sides of the border. Its the rule of bidding,  that a number of players be shortlisted for auction and only a selected few make it to the teams. And in case of this years IPL- there was hardly a dozen number of slots available for international players, it was not just the pakistani players who didnt make it, there were others too, well, they are not crying! Yes, Pakistan is the T20 champion and were the runners-up in the previous edition, but does that matter? Its the matter of form and time, time changes and things can go into invalidation too! Maybe, this year, West Indies emerges as the Champion, who knows, they have world class players too. And I was really disappointed to see greatmen like Rameez Raja and Wasim Akram raise concern over this issue. They are so much experienced and mature enough to understand such situations (especially after 26/11), but even they were whining on the newschannels. So, here is a message for all my Pakistani borthers and sisters out there- PLEASE DON't TAKE THIS AN AN INSULT TO YOUR NATION, IT WAS JUST PART OF BUSINESS! CONVERT THIS WEAKNESS INTO A STRENGTH AND BUILD ON IT AND REPLY HARD IN THE T20 WORLD CUP THAT FOLLOWS IPL!

Ho! Coming back to the media frenzy, the asles have really pissed me off with their virtue for pushing non-valid and insignificant matters over the top and that too repeatedly, making things echo inside the minds of the sensitive viewer! Go take a break, close down all your satellite links et all, we have CNN and BBC for news and STAR PLUS and ZEE for our Soup n pepper!
And Please, stop promoting RANN and Veer for God's sake and show some real news.
And when u come back, please stop creating fuss out of just anything or nothing!
Why this Fuss?




If you will to help the victims in Haiti, go to-
http://convoyofhope.org/go/headlines/entry/7.0_earthquake_rocks_haiti_convoy_of_hope_is_responding?gclid=CMf4i8jxuZ8CFUwwpAodiUEdIQ>



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Krishna Nee Begane Baaro - Kannada Lyrics & Translation

Unveiling the Depths of "Krishna Nee Begane Baaro" Krishna Nee Begane Baaro  (Oh Krishna, Please Come) transcends the realm of a simple  Kannada devotional song . Composed by the revered saint-poet  Vyasatirtha , it offers a powerful expression of devotion and yearning for the divine presence of Lord Krishna. A Melody Steeped in Tradition: The essence of  Krishna Nee Begane Baaro  lies in its music. The melody flows serenely in  Raga Yamunakalyani , its notes reminiscent of the gentle murmur of the Yamuna River. The rhythmic pattern,  Chapu , adds a structured elegance, providing the perfect foundation for the heartfelt lyrics. Vyasatirtha, a prominent figure in the  Dvaita school of Madhvacharya philosophy , infused the song with his profound understanding of the divine. A Source of Solace: Krishna Nee Begane Baaro  resonates far beyond its cultural significance. The song's calming melody offers a sense of peace and comfort during challenging times. Many listeners, mysel

Maa Tujhe Salaam (Lyrics and Translation) - Happy New Year...begin with a lil Patriotic flavor

माँ तुझे सलाम / മാ ടുജ്ഹെ സലാം / மா டுஜ்ஹி சலாம் / Maa Tujhe Salaam (Salute to the Motherland) VANDE MATARAM AR Rahman Lyrics by Mehboob MY RATING - 10/10   REFLECTIONS What better way to celebrate the new year than with Rahman's masterpiece that oozes with the feeling of pride and unity. Party animals around the world must be partying hard at this moment..(in different timezones of course :P)...but those of you...well..err...fellow Indians of course...want to share a moment of togetherness???? Just listen to this beautiful Song....HAPPY NEW YEAR....VANDE MATARAM LYRICS ( Translation ) Yahan vahan saara jahan dekh liya Ab tak bhi tere jaisa koi nahin I have seen here, there, everywhere...but found no one like you Main assi nahin, sau din duniya ghooma hai Naahi kaahe tere jaisa koi nahin Not 80, but around the world in 100 days...No..never did I find anyone like you.. Main gaya jahan bhi, bas teri yaad thi Jo mere saath thi mujhko tadpaati rulaati Wherever I'd been...your m

Mere Bina (Lyrics, English Translation)

मेरे बिना (Mere Bina) CROOK OST Music - Pritam Singer - Nikhil D'Souza Lyrics - Kumaar MY RATING - 9/10 Reflections A very romantic western number by new comer Nikhil D'Souza. Pritam has crooned Pop hits by Darius and Enrqiue alike to create a magical ballad that hooks you to its smoothness the moment the song starts. Nikhil sounds like Atif at times, but nevertheless is a promsing find!   Lyrics (English Translation) Mere Bina Rehne laga hun Teri hawaon me Behne laga hun I have started living without you... I have started floating in the breeze that you are jaane main kaise tera hua hu mujhe to lagta hai main shayad tere dil ki dua hu Haan Tujhko jo paaya ahan To jeena aaya Ab ye lamha theher jaye tham jaye bas jaye hum Dono ke darmiyaaaaan I don't know how I have become yours I think I am the boon from your heart Yea! Now that I found you...I have learnt to live Now this moment may stop here at this very moment when the two of us are together