Skip to main content

Pookal Pookum (Madarasipattanam OST - Audio, Lyrics, English Translation) - composed by Rahman's nephew GVP

POOKAL POOKUM - பூக்கள் பூக்கும் - പൂകള്‍ പൂകും - पूकल  पूकुम 
Madarasipattanam OST
Music - GV Prakash
Singers - Harini, Roop Kumar Rathod, Andrea Jeremiah, G. V. Prakash Kumar
MY RATING - 9.2/10


Reflections
Well, this song has one of Hindustani Fusion legends of India rendering to semi-carnatic raga. I am talking about ROOP KUMAR RATHOD! Yup! another man from the North making a graceful entry into South Indian Musicdom. And mind it! His voice....this song...and the lyrics...all of them are prefectly blended to form a heavenly treat to the ears and the soul within.
I love this song....AMAZING! 
And I am a hhuge fan of GV Prakash....first it was Chelusuva Cheluve...and now this one - Pookal Pookum...he's awesome....got his uncle Rahman's genes in him for sure.







LYRICS (TRANSLATION)

 pookkaL pookkum tharuNam aaruyire, paarththadhaarum illai.
Nobody saw the flowers bloom...oh my love..my life...
ularum kaalai pozhudhai muzhu madhiyum pirindhupovadhillai
One day it shall die...and fall off....but it's soul shall never be gone
netRu varai neram pogavillai; unadharuge neram podhavillaiye.
Time wouldn't go on....until yesterday....the moments I spent with you...were gone before I knew
edhuvum pesavillaiye inRu, eno edhuvum thonRavillaiye; idhu edhuvo
Today, I didn't speak anything.....somehow I didn't feel anything....What is this?
iravum viDiyavillaiye, adhu viDindhaal pagalum mudiyavillaiye – poondhaLire
The night never said goodbye....if it did...the day won't adieu....Oh belle bud!


vaarthai thevaiyillai, vaazhum kaalam varai paavai paarvai mozhi pesume
Words are insufficient....as long as we breathe...your eyes speak for you...
netRu thevaiyillai, naaLai thevaiyillai; inRu indha noDi podhume.
The day gone is meaningless...the coming day is ignorable...this moment of this day..is enough for eternity
verinRi, vidhaiyinRi, vin thoovum mazhaiyinRi; idhu enna ivan thoTTam poo pookkudhe 
There has been no rain...no one had sown the seeds....and there are no roots either...then how have these flowers shown up in this garden?
vaal inRi, pOr inRi, valikkinRa yuddham inRi, idhu enna ivan anbu ennai velludhe
No sword...no struuggle....and no war...yet he has conquered me with his love....

idhayam muzhudhum irukkum; indha thayakkam engu kondu niruthum.
The reluctance that has filled our hearts...shall lead us..but where?
idhai aRiya engu kiDaikkum viLakkam? adhu kiDaiththaal solla veNDum enakkum
How can I know this??? If you come to know...please let me know as well...
poondhaLire
Oh Belle Bud!
endha megamidhu, endhan vaasal vandhu engum eera mazhai thoovudhe.
This cloud is unfamiliar...knocks on my door....and rains on everything
enna uRavu idhu, edhuvum puriyavillai enRu boadhum idhu neeLudhe. 
What is this relationship??? I feel that I can't feel anything...
yaar enRu aRiyaamal, per kooDa theriyaamal, ivanoDu oru sondham uravaanadhe
Who's she....what's her name...I don't know....yet she has become an integral part of me...
yen enRu kelkaamal, thaDuthaalum niRkaamai, ivan pogum vazhi en manam pogudhe.
without asking anything ..... and not stopped by hindrances....my heart follows the path that he traversed...
paadhai muDindhappiRagum, indha ulagil payaNam muDivadhillaiye.
The path is mortal..it ends....but the journey is immortal
kaatRil paRandhe, paravai maRaindha piRagum, illai thoDangum naDanam muDivadhillaiye
I fly in the sky....even though my ship has disappeared....I dance to the stars endlessly...
idhu edhuvo
What is this?

Lyrics - http://tamilyrics.wordpress.com/ 

Comments

vasu said…
some line missing ya..,
vasu said…
some lines are missing ya...,
K.Hari Kumar said…
Please let me know....I had this version of the song only...!!!
maybe I missed..please check and tell me...
Unknown said…
really, its touching the heart........thanks to dileep for creating such a beautiful song..
Anonymous said…
I thank the person who has provided the lyrics and its meaning. Learning Tamil :-) - Vishwa

Popular posts from this blog

Krishna Nee Begane Baaro - Kannada Lyrics & Translation

Unveiling the Depths of "Krishna Nee Begane Baaro" Krishna Nee Begane Baaro  (Oh Krishna, Please Come) transcends the realm of a simple  Kannada devotional song . Composed by the revered saint-poet  Vyasatirtha , it offers a powerful expression of devotion and yearning for the divine presence of Lord Krishna. A Melody Steeped in Tradition: The essence of  Krishna Nee Begane Baaro  lies in its music. The melody flows serenely in  Raga Yamunakalyani , its notes reminiscent of the gentle murmur of the Yamuna River. The rhythmic pattern,  Chapu , adds a structured elegance, providing the perfect foundation for the heartfelt lyrics. Vyasatirtha, a prominent figure in the  Dvaita school of Madhvacharya philosophy , infused the song with his profound understanding of the divine. A Source of Solace: Krishna Nee Begane Baaro  resonates far beyond its cultural significance. The song's calming melody offers a sense of peace and comfort during challenging times. Many listeners, mysel

Maa Tujhe Salaam (Lyrics and Translation) - Happy New Year...begin with a lil Patriotic flavor

माँ तुझे सलाम / മാ ടുജ്ഹെ സലാം / மா டுஜ்ஹி சலாம் / Maa Tujhe Salaam (Salute to the Motherland) VANDE MATARAM AR Rahman Lyrics by Mehboob MY RATING - 10/10   REFLECTIONS What better way to celebrate the new year than with Rahman's masterpiece that oozes with the feeling of pride and unity. Party animals around the world must be partying hard at this moment..(in different timezones of course :P)...but those of you...well..err...fellow Indians of course...want to share a moment of togetherness???? Just listen to this beautiful Song....HAPPY NEW YEAR....VANDE MATARAM LYRICS ( Translation ) Yahan vahan saara jahan dekh liya Ab tak bhi tere jaisa koi nahin I have seen here, there, everywhere...but found no one like you Main assi nahin, sau din duniya ghooma hai Naahi kaahe tere jaisa koi nahin Not 80, but around the world in 100 days...No..never did I find anyone like you.. Main gaya jahan bhi, bas teri yaad thi Jo mere saath thi mujhko tadpaati rulaati Wherever I'd been...your m

Mere Bina (Lyrics, English Translation)

मेरे बिना (Mere Bina) CROOK OST Music - Pritam Singer - Nikhil D'Souza Lyrics - Kumaar MY RATING - 9/10 Reflections A very romantic western number by new comer Nikhil D'Souza. Pritam has crooned Pop hits by Darius and Enrqiue alike to create a magical ballad that hooks you to its smoothness the moment the song starts. Nikhil sounds like Atif at times, but nevertheless is a promsing find!   Lyrics (English Translation) Mere Bina Rehne laga hun Teri hawaon me Behne laga hun I have started living without you... I have started floating in the breeze that you are jaane main kaise tera hua hu mujhe to lagta hai main shayad tere dil ki dua hu Haan Tujhko jo paaya ahan To jeena aaya Ab ye lamha theher jaye tham jaye bas jaye hum Dono ke darmiyaaaaan I don't know how I have become yours I think I am the boon from your heart Yea! Now that I found you...I have learnt to live Now this moment may stop here at this very moment when the two of us are together