Skip to main content

Runaway (Devlin feat. Yasmin)

Runaway
Devlin feat Yasmin
MY RATING - 9.12/10

REFLECTIONS
 After a long time I had put on VH1 on my TV set. t had been ages! And even more startling was the fact that they were showing HIP HOP HUSTLE at that time, the genre of music that  pretty much stayed away from! Just like non vegetarian food and alcohol.
But maybe there was a reason behind it and well, there indeed was!I was bored and the India ireland cricket match had just entered it's interission and that's when I came across this song by DEVLIN called Runaway. At first I assumed it to be a FORT MINOR track, but soon I realized this wasn't Shinoda. This was a new guy, Devlin. And the song was amazingly beautiful. R n B and rap it was, beautiful song! Liked it, thumbs up!
Listen to it



LYRICS
 
[Devlin Verse 1]
Listen, yeah
A lifetime of dreaming, visualising paradise
I woke up, rolled over and told my girl we’re leaving
It’s time to sacrifice a lot
cause you ain’t happy with your job
and round here it’s like nothin’ seems appealing
So let me know you feel the same
throw your life into a case and we'll depart from Victoria this evening
And then embark upon a path of rediscovery
searching for the fruits from the lost garden of Eden
I’m wondering if I runaway and came back another day,
then would the young men who roll with metal put the guns away
and would the devil have took charge or would the slum be safe
I pray the latter’s right for everybody’s mumsy’s sake.
and if I dissappear for years and reappear
would my natural intuition still be crystal clear?
Or would I have lost clarity?
In this trivial pursuit we’re walking through so casually

[Yasmin - Chorus]
I gotta leave, I gotta go,
there’s nothing here for me no more
I gotta be free, I gotta be
somewhere that I can just be me.
and I run run runaway, run run runaway,
run run runaway, I runaway.

[Devlin Verse 2]
We share a last cigerette, then walk into the station
purchase two tickets to an alien destination
Board the train and witness pain on all the faces of multi-cultural races
but not me and my girl we’re breaking free
like an escapist, cuz we need to escape this
and I for one have got my mind made up,
even if where we stay is make-shift
I can’t remain in this domain of semi ape sh-t, because all I see is hatred
I wonder if I dissappeared how many men would miss me
or would they all forget like I erased my name from history?
I’m still trying yet to make a break within the chain of pain and misery
and vanish off the planet like a mystery.
and if I did return and things were the same or worse?
You'd see the gear stick shift and then the i would reverse and I’d be straight back on my travels
Burning rubber over gravel ’til we see the English Channel

[Chorus]

[Devlin Verse 3]
As the carriage pulls away, I pull my lady closer and I tell her she’s okay
‘Coz if we never broke the barricades today we’d always be afraid
and left to feel threatened in this dark and deadly maze
But now I’ve come of age, and as the train starts enterin’ suburbia a smile comes across my face
The unwinding of eternal rage, that was locked up inside just like my mates behind prison gates
If I could runaway and come back another day,
I’d let the song play, on the summer’s longest day.
Kick back and just enjoy the raves, with a lager and a spliff to blaze.
If I ever contemplate returning to this crazy place
I’d leave it long enough so they don’t recognise my face
I’d let the song play, on the summer’s longest day
While I roll upon the roads along the motorway

Runaway lyrics, Runaway meaning runaway music video mp3 no download
Devlin feat Yasmin songs devlin lyrics yasmin music video yasmin wallpapers devlin wallpapers

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Krishna Nee Begane Baaro - Kannada Lyrics & Translation

Unveiling the Depths of "Krishna Nee Begane Baaro" Krishna Nee Begane Baaro  (Oh Krishna, Please Come) transcends the realm of a simple  Kannada devotional song . Composed by the revered saint-poet  Vyasatirtha , it offers a powerful expression of devotion and yearning for the divine presence of Lord Krishna. A Melody Steeped in Tradition: The essence of  Krishna Nee Begane Baaro  lies in its music. The melody flows serenely in  Raga Yamunakalyani , its notes reminiscent of the gentle murmur of the Yamuna River. The rhythmic pattern,  Chapu , adds a structured elegance, providing the perfect foundation for the heartfelt lyrics. Vyasatirtha, a prominent figure in the  Dvaita school of Madhvacharya philosophy , infused the song with his profound understanding of the divine. A Source of Solace: Krishna Nee Begane Baaro  resonates far beyond its cultural significance. The song's calming melody offers a sense of peace and comfort during challenging times. Many listeners, mysel

Maa Tujhe Salaam (Lyrics and Translation) - Happy New Year...begin with a lil Patriotic flavor

माँ तुझे सलाम / മാ ടുജ്ഹെ സലാം / மா டுஜ்ஹி சலாம் / Maa Tujhe Salaam (Salute to the Motherland) VANDE MATARAM AR Rahman Lyrics by Mehboob MY RATING - 10/10   REFLECTIONS What better way to celebrate the new year than with Rahman's masterpiece that oozes with the feeling of pride and unity. Party animals around the world must be partying hard at this moment..(in different timezones of course :P)...but those of you...well..err...fellow Indians of course...want to share a moment of togetherness???? Just listen to this beautiful Song....HAPPY NEW YEAR....VANDE MATARAM LYRICS ( Translation ) Yahan vahan saara jahan dekh liya Ab tak bhi tere jaisa koi nahin I have seen here, there, everywhere...but found no one like you Main assi nahin, sau din duniya ghooma hai Naahi kaahe tere jaisa koi nahin Not 80, but around the world in 100 days...No..never did I find anyone like you.. Main gaya jahan bhi, bas teri yaad thi Jo mere saath thi mujhko tadpaati rulaati Wherever I'd been...your m

Mere Bina (Lyrics, English Translation)

मेरे बिना (Mere Bina) CROOK OST Music - Pritam Singer - Nikhil D'Souza Lyrics - Kumaar MY RATING - 9/10 Reflections A very romantic western number by new comer Nikhil D'Souza. Pritam has crooned Pop hits by Darius and Enrqiue alike to create a magical ballad that hooks you to its smoothness the moment the song starts. Nikhil sounds like Atif at times, but nevertheless is a promsing find!   Lyrics (English Translation) Mere Bina Rehne laga hun Teri hawaon me Behne laga hun I have started living without you... I have started floating in the breeze that you are jaane main kaise tera hua hu mujhe to lagta hai main shayad tere dil ki dua hu Haan Tujhko jo paaya ahan To jeena aaya Ab ye lamha theher jaye tham jaye bas jaye hum Dono ke darmiyaaaaan I don't know how I have become yours I think I am the boon from your heart Yea! Now that I found you...I have learnt to live Now this moment may stop here at this very moment when the two of us are together