Skip to main content

a cute modern song..

hey everyone...i am new to this blog..as, a friend of mine has invited me to write something in it...so here i am translating an old Bengali song...which is definitely a love song...bt the bond of love is between a father and his daughter..father who is very far away from his daughter...maybe he's dead...she misses him a lot..n sings for him in his remembrance ,in Bengal a father lovingly calls his daughter "khuku" of mamoni..even maa coz he sees his mother in his daughter,and daughter calls him baba...this song is truly very touching...so the song goes like this...

kaatena shomoye jokhon aar kichhutei
bondhur telephone e mon boshey na
jaanlaar grill ta te thekai maatha
monehoye baba'r moto keyu bole na
aaye khuku aayet
aaye khuku aaye
(the daughter sings...
the time just doesnt seem to pass...i dont even feel like talking to my friend on phone
am just holding the grill of the window..n it feels as if my father is calling me...
come to me my dear daughter come to me...)

aaye khuku aaye
aaye khuku aaye
aaye re aamar shaathe gaan gey jaa
notun notun shur ney sheekhe ne
kichui jokhon bhalo laagbe na tor
pianoe boshe tui baajabi re
 aaye khuku aaye
aaye khuku aaye
( now she recalls her father's's voice..what he would have said...
come to me my dear daughter come to me
come and sing with me..i will teach you new musical chords
when u are not feeling well...play them on your piano...
come to me my dear daughter come to me...)

cinema jokhon chokhe jala dharaye
gorom coffee'r moja juriye jaaye
kobitaar boyi gulo chhurey feli
money hoye baba jolti bolto aamaye
aaye khuku aaye
aaye khuku aaye
(girl:when even movies give me a headache, which even a hot cup of coffee cant relieve
i just throw away my books...n i feel as if my dad is calling me from behind...
come to me my dear daughter come to me...)

aaye khuku aaye
aaye khuku aaye
aaye re aamar shaathe aaye ekhoni
kothao ghurey aashi shohor chhhere
chhelebelaar moto baayena kore
taar theke ney na tui aamaye kere
aaye khuku aaye
aaye khuku aaye
(father says...come to me my dear daughter come to me
come fast with me...lets go out somewhere
where you would ask me to buy toys for you like you did during your childhood
n we will enjoy...
come to me my dear daughter come to me)


dokaane jokhon aashi shaajbo bole
khopa ta bendhe nee thanda haawaye
aar sheethe jokho e chock pore jaaye
money hoye baba jeno bolche aamaye
aaye khuku aaye
aaye khuku aaye
( girl: i come to a beauty parlour,to get dressed up
i get my hair tied up into a bun in this cold breeze...
n when i close my eyes due to the chilly winds...i feel
my father is calling me...come to me my dear daughter come to me...)

aaye re aamar kaache aaye maamoni
shobar aage aami dekhi toke
dekhi kemon khopa bedhechish tui
kemon kajol dili kaalo chokhe
aaye khuku aaye
aaye khuku aaye
(father says: come to me my dear daughter..
of all the family members i want to see you first
how beautiful your bun is..n how beautifully u have put kajal in ur deep black eyes..
come to me my dear daughter come to me...)


chhele belaar din fele eshe
shobaai aamar moto boro hoye jaaye
jaanina kojone aamar moton
mishti she peechu daak shunte je paaye
aaye khuku aaye
aaye khuku aaye
(girl says: leaving behind the childhood days,eveyone grows up like me...
but i dont know how many of them are able the hear the sweet voice that holds me back
come to me my dear daughter come to me...)

aaye khuku aaye
aaye khuku aaye
aaye re aamar paashe aaye mamoni
e haath ta bhalo kore dhor ekhuni
haarano she dine chol choley jaayi
chotto bela ta tor phiriye aani
aaye khuku aaye
aaye khuku aaye...
(come to me my dear daughter come to me...
come here next to me..hold me hand dear..
lets go back into the days which are lost with the sands of time...
lets bring your childhood back...
come to me my dear daughter come to me...)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Krishna Nee Begane Baaro - Kannada Lyrics & Translation

Unveiling the Depths of "Krishna Nee Begane Baaro" Krishna Nee Begane Baaro  (Oh Krishna, Please Come) transcends the realm of a simple  Kannada devotional song . Composed by the revered saint-poet  Vyasatirtha , it offers a powerful expression of devotion and yearning for the divine presence of Lord Krishna. A Melody Steeped in Tradition: The essence of  Krishna Nee Begane Baaro  lies in its music. The melody flows serenely in  Raga Yamunakalyani , its notes reminiscent of the gentle murmur of the Yamuna River. The rhythmic pattern,  Chapu , adds a structured elegance, providing the perfect foundation for the heartfelt lyrics. Vyasatirtha, a prominent figure in the  Dvaita school of Madhvacharya philosophy , infused the song with his profound understanding of the divine. A Source of Solace: Krishna Nee Begane Baaro  resonates far beyond its cultural significance. The song's calming melody offers a sense of peace and comfort during challenging times. Many listeners, mysel

Maa Tujhe Salaam (Lyrics and Translation) - Happy New Year...begin with a lil Patriotic flavor

माँ तुझे सलाम / മാ ടുജ്ഹെ സലാം / மா டுஜ்ஹி சலாம் / Maa Tujhe Salaam (Salute to the Motherland) VANDE MATARAM AR Rahman Lyrics by Mehboob MY RATING - 10/10   REFLECTIONS What better way to celebrate the new year than with Rahman's masterpiece that oozes with the feeling of pride and unity. Party animals around the world must be partying hard at this moment..(in different timezones of course :P)...but those of you...well..err...fellow Indians of course...want to share a moment of togetherness???? Just listen to this beautiful Song....HAPPY NEW YEAR....VANDE MATARAM LYRICS ( Translation ) Yahan vahan saara jahan dekh liya Ab tak bhi tere jaisa koi nahin I have seen here, there, everywhere...but found no one like you Main assi nahin, sau din duniya ghooma hai Naahi kaahe tere jaisa koi nahin Not 80, but around the world in 100 days...No..never did I find anyone like you.. Main gaya jahan bhi, bas teri yaad thi Jo mere saath thi mujhko tadpaati rulaati Wherever I'd been...your m

Mere Bina (Lyrics, English Translation)

मेरे बिना (Mere Bina) CROOK OST Music - Pritam Singer - Nikhil D'Souza Lyrics - Kumaar MY RATING - 9/10 Reflections A very romantic western number by new comer Nikhil D'Souza. Pritam has crooned Pop hits by Darius and Enrqiue alike to create a magical ballad that hooks you to its smoothness the moment the song starts. Nikhil sounds like Atif at times, but nevertheless is a promsing find!   Lyrics (English Translation) Mere Bina Rehne laga hun Teri hawaon me Behne laga hun I have started living without you... I have started floating in the breeze that you are jaane main kaise tera hua hu mujhe to lagta hai main shayad tere dil ki dua hu Haan Tujhko jo paaya ahan To jeena aaya Ab ye lamha theher jaye tham jaye bas jaye hum Dono ke darmiyaaaaan I don't know how I have become yours I think I am the boon from your heart Yea! Now that I found you...I have learnt to live Now this moment may stop here at this very moment when the two of us are together