Skip to main content

Mannipaaya (Vinnaithaandi Varuvaaya - Lyrics and English Translation)

மன்னிப்பாய
Mannipaaya
Vinnaithaandi Varuvaaya OST
Shreya Ghoshal and AR Rehman
My Rating - 9.1/10










Reflections
Great track.....even though Shreya Ghoshal is the one who sizzles throughout the song....but the highlight of the song.....well....erm....its not the occassional Rehman who plies...but the chorus.....humming along with the warm string orchestrating in the backdrop......
Just a great song.....although...Omana Penne is still better.....yet this song...has its uniqueness too....
GREAT LYRICS......WONDERFUL...


Lyrics (Translation)
kadalinil meenaaga irundhavaL naan
unakkena karai thaandi vandhavaL dhaan
thudithirundhen tharaiyinile
thirumbivittEn en kadalidame

A fish in the ocean
Crossed its length for you...found thy shore
Struggled on the land
so returned back to my ocean

oru naaL sirithEn, maru naaL veruthEn
unai naan kollaamal kondru pudhaithEnE
mannipaaya mannipaaya.. .

One day I smiled, the next day i frowned
I buried you without killing you.
Forgive Me....Forgive Me...

thadumaari thadumaari nadandhEn
noolilaana mazhai aagi ponen
unnaal dhaan kalaignanaai aanenE

Found it hard to walk
A rain of silk....did I become
Thus...I m an artist.....coz of u...


tholai dhoorathil veLicham nee
unai nokiye enai eerkiraaye
melum melum urugi urugi
unai eNNi Engum idhaiyathai enna seivEn
Oh unai eNNi Engum idhaiyathai enna seivEn

Shining like a light.....thus far away
drawing me towards that light
What do u do to my heart?
It melts away thinking about you

Odum neeril Or alai dhaan naan
uLLe uLLa eeram nee dhaan
varam kidaithum naan thavara vittEn
mannipaaya anbE

Like a wave on a running water
The dew in me is you....
The blessing in u that I missed
Forgive me love

kaatrilE aadum kaagidham naan
nee dhaan ennai kadidham aakinaai
anbil thodangi anbil mudikkirEn
en kaalam varai ???

I'm the leaf that flows in the breeze
Your touch wrote a poem on me
Starting from love and ending on it
Throughout my life ???


oru naaL sirithEn, maru naaL veruthEn
unai naan kollaamal kondru pudhaithEne
mannipaaya mannipaaya.. .


One day I smiled, the next day i frowned
I buried you without killing you.
Forgive Me....Forgive Me...


anbirkum undo adaikkumthaazh aarvalar
punkaNeer poosal tharum

No door can close my love
tears shall never end....when I see u suffering


anbilaar ellaam thamakkuriyar anbudaiyaar
enbum uriyar pirarku

Without love...one gets possessive of the self
With love...one gets possessive of the one he loves...

En en vaazhvil vandhaai kaNNa nee
povaayo kaanal neer polE thondri
anaivarum urangidum iravenum neram
enakkadhu thalaiyaNai nanaithidum eeram

Oh! My love...y did u come into my life
Like a mirage....will u vanish
The world sleeps at night
That's when my shed all my tears


oru naaL sirithEn, maru naaL veruthEn
unai naan kollaamal kondru pudhaithEne
mannipaaya mannipaaya.. .


One day I smiled, the next day i frowned
I buried you without killing you.
Forgive Me....Forgive Me...


thadumaari thadumaari nadandhEn
noolilaana mazhai aagi ponen
unnaal dhaan kalaignanaai aanenE


Found it hard to walk
A rain of silk....did I become
Thus...I m an artist.....coz of u...

Source of lyrics - http://ourqueen-shreyaghoshal.blogspot.com/2010/01/mannipaaya-lyrics-with-translation.html

Comments

Dragonfly said…
This is a beautiful song, it also happens to be my first attempt at translating a Tamil song on my blog. Great job!
Dragonfly said…
I love this tune, in fact, it was my first effort at translation on my blog. Great job!
K.Hari Kumar said…
hmm...its a beautiful song indeed
Anonymous said…
Awesome job!
Fantastic lyrics. Great meanings.
Amazing tune. What eh song!?
My god!
Thamarai, A.R.Rehman, Shreya Ghosal, Trisha, Simbu andd.. Gautam Vasudev Menon ROCK!!! <3 :)
Love the song! Its become like my anthem. There is no single day i don't listen to it.. since its release.
Now... Since I know the meaning.. I love it better.
Scarlet said…
Thanx dude.....THough I understand tamil very well....All these poetic stances..Am not gud at understanding 'em.......Thanx a hell lot..... I was planning to sing this song..so i wanted to understand the meaning of the song well....now u made my job easy....thanxman....
K.Hari Kumar said…
ya...its an amazing song...all d best...wid ur singing...hope it fetches u wt u wish 4....
Anonymous said…
There is a missing couplet (Kural 1259):

Pulambal Ena Sendren Pullinen Nenjam Kalathal Uruvadhu Kandu

which translates to:

"I 'll shun his greeting"; saying thus with pride away I went:
I held him in my arms, for straight I felt my heart relent.

[Translation Courtesy: http://www.thirukkural.com/2009/04/blog-post_1041.html]
K.Hari Kumar said…
thnks S.O.N.Y for sharing
:)
ThnX alott fo d meaning...I dunno tamil,but i listen dis sng daily..Nw afta knowing d meaning i luvd it much more
bella said…
thank u sooo much for uploading the lyrics and translating it in english... awesome song...beautiful meaning...
The Storyteller said…
You are welcome dear friend
kiran said…
This is one my favorite songs,
Abdul said…
its just great.. an awesome song but knew the meaning completely after going through this blog../ superb buddy!! keep it up!!!!!
Abdul said…
superb work man..! love this song, now only i know the meaning of this song completely.. AWESOME!!
Abdul said…
Its superb and great.. good job man!! keep it up.. Great song and the meaning is just awesome. love it
Anonymous said…
Awesome lyrics..wat a perfect words used in this song.Mind blowing

Regards
J.Jessy
Jayashree said…
Whenever i feel lonely or disappointed i listen to this track, I always felt some pain in the song, i was able to understand only 25% of the song as i am non tamilian. But by chance i came across the meaning, my god such a soulful meaning it has, i started loving the song evermore than earlier. Thanks for the lyrics explanation. good job done.
Fantastic. Thanks for this.
Ravi Nair said…
Awesome job done buddy... Its a masterpiece my Rahman sir. I just coudlnt imagine how he can create such a beautiful work. Million thanks to God to have sent someone like him to earth.
:) Keep this blog alive. Great going
Anonymous said…
awesome song... i've listened it in telugu and in tamil..... a lakh times.... wow mind blowing lyrics.....

Popular posts from this blog

Krishna Nee Begane Baaro - Kannada Lyrics & Translation

Unveiling the Depths of "Krishna Nee Begane Baaro" Krishna Nee Begane Baaro  (Oh Krishna, Please Come) transcends the realm of a simple  Kannada devotional song . Composed by the revered saint-poet  Vyasatirtha , it offers a powerful expression of devotion and yearning for the divine presence of Lord Krishna. A Melody Steeped in Tradition: The essence of  Krishna Nee Begane Baaro  lies in its music. The melody flows serenely in  Raga Yamunakalyani , its notes reminiscent of the gentle murmur of the Yamuna River. The rhythmic pattern,  Chapu , adds a structured elegance, providing the perfect foundation for the heartfelt lyrics. Vyasatirtha, a prominent figure in the  Dvaita school of Madhvacharya philosophy , infused the song with his profound understanding of the divine. A Source of Solace: Krishna Nee Begane Baaro  resonates far beyond its cultural significance. The song's calming melody offers a sense of peace and comfort during challenging times. Many listeners, mysel

Maa Tujhe Salaam (Lyrics and Translation) - Happy New Year...begin with a lil Patriotic flavor

माँ तुझे सलाम / മാ ടുജ്ഹെ സലാം / மா டுஜ்ஹி சலாம் / Maa Tujhe Salaam (Salute to the Motherland) VANDE MATARAM AR Rahman Lyrics by Mehboob MY RATING - 10/10   REFLECTIONS What better way to celebrate the new year than with Rahman's masterpiece that oozes with the feeling of pride and unity. Party animals around the world must be partying hard at this moment..(in different timezones of course :P)...but those of you...well..err...fellow Indians of course...want to share a moment of togetherness???? Just listen to this beautiful Song....HAPPY NEW YEAR....VANDE MATARAM LYRICS ( Translation ) Yahan vahan saara jahan dekh liya Ab tak bhi tere jaisa koi nahin I have seen here, there, everywhere...but found no one like you Main assi nahin, sau din duniya ghooma hai Naahi kaahe tere jaisa koi nahin Not 80, but around the world in 100 days...No..never did I find anyone like you.. Main gaya jahan bhi, bas teri yaad thi Jo mere saath thi mujhko tadpaati rulaati Wherever I'd been...your m

Mere Bina (Lyrics, English Translation)

मेरे बिना (Mere Bina) CROOK OST Music - Pritam Singer - Nikhil D'Souza Lyrics - Kumaar MY RATING - 9/10 Reflections A very romantic western number by new comer Nikhil D'Souza. Pritam has crooned Pop hits by Darius and Enrqiue alike to create a magical ballad that hooks you to its smoothness the moment the song starts. Nikhil sounds like Atif at times, but nevertheless is a promsing find!   Lyrics (English Translation) Mere Bina Rehne laga hun Teri hawaon me Behne laga hun I have started living without you... I have started floating in the breeze that you are jaane main kaise tera hua hu mujhe to lagta hai main shayad tere dil ki dua hu Haan Tujhko jo paaya ahan To jeena aaya Ab ye lamha theher jaye tham jaye bas jaye hum Dono ke darmiyaaaaan I don't know how I have become yours I think I am the boon from your heart Yea! Now that I found you...I have learnt to live Now this moment may stop here at this very moment when the two of us are together